You can convert any old laptop into a touch screen model via plug and play and this is not a joke. You can convert any old laptop into a touch screen model via plug and play and this is not a joke. Converting a laptop into a touch screen is very easy. It used to be difficult in the past. In order to turn a normal laptop into a plug and play model requires you to paste a flip over the screen and perhaps even some dismantling of the laptop will be required. However, recently I stumbled on an advertisement on a product that will convert any laptop into a touch screen model. You only need to connect the USB and that is all.
Source : AirBar.com
Convert Any Old Laptop Into Touch Screen Plug And Play
I think there are a few reasons about this AirBar that makes it impressive
1. It works without the need for drivers.
2. It is not going to cost a bomb. The website states $69
3. It does not even need you to do simple DIY such as pasting a screen protector or sort of film over your screen.
4. It uses light as sensors, which means you can use any object as a stylus.
5. You do not even need to touch the screen in order to control since it uses light. Which means, you can even be surfing facebook even if you are eating fried chicken with your hands.
6. It does not look huge or unsightly
I am not a spokes person for this product, but if the product reaches my shores, I will get one to try it out. Given the fact that touch screen is slowly gaining popularity and humans are no longer so put off by the fact that trying to use touch as the input interface gives you sore muscles. I think we are evolving and time will tell, if a mouse will eventually be obsolete, except for gamers that is.